Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kellogg's Surprise Muffins

I used to make this recipe for my college roommates & they all loved them.  So here it is girls:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes®
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. almond extract
1/4 cup preserves or jam
4 oz cream cheese, softened (optional)

Directions:
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil & almond extract. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.

3. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.  Fill muffin cups about 1/2 way full. Top with 1-2 tsp of your favorite jam or jelly (I always use grape).  Top with remaining batter.

4. Bake at 400° F about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with soft cream cheese.   (The jam will be very hot, so dive in with caution.)

Makes 12

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, thanks just what I have wanted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved when you would make these; I have the recipe, I mean I had the recipe you use to use. This recipe is different. When I've tried making these, they turn out a bit rubbery -- any advice?

    ReplyDelete