Friday, November 06, 2009

Apple Spice Muffins



I had lots of yummy apples to use this year (thanks to my dear sister-in-law!) so I had to come up with some more ways to use them.  This recipe turned out really well, and it's healthy!  The best thing about muffins (other than eating them hot) is they freeze really well.  So just eat what you'd like, freeze the rest, and then use them for breakfast on a morning when you're short on time or ideas.  My kids LOVE muffins for breakfast and think they're getting a cupcake - easy trickery!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup whole oats
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup apples, diced & peeled
1 T lemon juice
Topping:
1/2 tsp cinnamon mixed with 3 T sugar

Directions:
Grease or line muffin tins with paper cups.  Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves & salt in medium bowl.  In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, milk, applesauce, apples & lemon juice.  Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients and stir just until flour disappears.  Spoon into muffin cups.  Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar mixture and bake for 18-20 minutes @ 375 degrees.  Makes 12

2 comments:

  1. you know...I could have used this recipe like a couple of weeks ago!!! sounds REALLY good! and your sugar cookies do look to die for. yummy, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEy there recipe QUEEN!! I have another favor to ask.......do you know or have any really good and easy cheese fondue recipes?!?!? It just seems like all the ones I find online all have wine in them and I don't exactly have that or know how to cook with it!! anywho, hope all is well and sorry for all my questions. =)

    ReplyDelete